Forum

AX- Driver/Car Entry Guidelines

Re: AX- Driver/Car Entry Guidelines

Postby Hotrod69T » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:49 am

Correct, you need to own a Porsche and provide a VIN to become a regular member of PCA. However, each member can have an affiliate member (spouse, relative, friend, etc.) who does not necessarily have to own a Porsche. They would be an affiliate member of the same region as the primary member.
Last edited by Hotrod69T on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rod Taylor
#7 CC08
Hotrod69T

Postby max » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:30 am

I think these are great changes, and I applaud you for listening to member feedback. There has been a lot of frustration with too many random X-class drivers (and I'm definitely not talking about guys like Steve who are a tremendous asset to the club) who just use the PCA event as prep for their next SCCA run. If an X-class driver is a national champion, but doesn't help the club in any way then I have zero interest in picking up his cones.

I couldn't sign up for the first AutoX as a PCA member, but there was an X-Class spot open. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Capping the event at 100 drivers does makes sense though. As Steve said - just get rid of one run group. We work a little longer, but we also get more runs and leave earlier. Seems like a great tradeoff.

Look forward to seeing everyone Saturday!
06 Cayman S - #936
max

Postby steve a. » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:06 pm

max wrote:Look forward to seeing everyone Saturday!

Please come Sunday. Saturday you'll be lonely.
steve a.

Postby SSURLY » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:16 pm

Hotrod69T wrote:Correct, you need to own a Porsche and provide a VIN to become a regular member of PCA. However, each member can have an affiliate member (spouse, relative, friend, etc.) who does not necessarily have to own a Porsche. They would be an affiliate member of the same region as the primary member.

You can be a PCA Quest member if you do not currently own a Porsche. They will issue you a member number, fee is $80 per year versus 46.
SSURLY

Postby inetsi » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:46 am

How about changing the priority to give the X folks a better chance of getting into the event if they are on the waiting list as following:
1) Limit X cars to 20 at start
2) Give PCA w/Porsche priority to register the first 2 weeks
3) After 2 weeks all available spaces be filled with those on the waiting list
Quynh #981
inetsi

Previous

Return to AutoCross & DETT