Forum

July 24, 2016, Auto-X - Comments, Videos and Pictures

July 24, 2016, Auto-X - Comments, Videos and Pictures

Postby genikz » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:17 pm

What a hot and long day, but I didn't hear one complaint and everybody seemed to be having a great time. I guess driving Porsche's will do that to you :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_sNUXIox3s

Too bad I clipped a slalom cone on my best run. Still wouldn't have managed better than 3rd in class though. Nice job Dave Waddell and Douglas Volder.

Thank you all of PCA-OCR for making my job easy and helping us hold such fantastic events, month after month!
-Chris B.
Auto-X Emeritus
genikz@yahoo.com
'86.5 928S #59, CC09
genikz

Re: July 24, 2016, Auto-X - Comments, Videos and Pictures

Postby steve a. » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:40 pm

Those slaloms were fun. I really liked the second set of them. You could really blast through them from the the 3rd. cone on. Chuck went a couple of laps with me and got a new prospective looking out a Corvette windshield. Will the tracks be any different now? Maybe. Let's just say the width of my car vs. the width of the track is not that much different. :lol: :lol: Thanks Chuck and OCR for a great time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRKY_7h2lFU

Steve A.
steve a.

Postby toastum » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:09 pm

Another great event. Thanks to the OCR team for putting on a great show.
So this is my lap. Forgive me, but I got a little excited at the end because I finally broke the 69 sec barrier. I was so close all day, but always had one mistake on the lap to prevent me from breaking the barrier. On the last lap I could finally stop chasing the tail of the dragon and got some satisfaction. I did still have a lot of understeer at the very back left corner because I didnt get enough rotation on entry. I also found out I corded my Hoosiers on the last lap. No better time to do it, but that means there could have been a 67sec lap there????? :shock:
68.6sec
https://youtu.be/IeqRktGPX4o
TTOD
#2 BRI ( we should ban Carl ;) )
I rode with A couple of the guys from the wolf pack and they have some talented drivers coming up the ranks, everyone watch out. :D
toastum

Postby steve a. » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:33 pm

I love that excitment.
steve a.

Postby max » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:20 am

That was a graceful lap!
I had terrible trouble with understeer at the hairpin before the sweeper and then at the 180 before the back straight. Couldn't get it figured out over all my runs.
06 Cayman S - #936
max

Postby toastum » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:14 am

1. These are both very tight turns and have to be set up correctly.
2. In these sections of the track, the surface has very low grip.
3. I have to remind myself to slow down in those sections every time, because the push will be magnified if you try to force your way through with the gas peddle. It's really hard to slow down, be patient and let the front wheels grip when the clock is ticking.
toastum

Postby max » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:41 am

toastum wrote:1. These are both very tight turns and have to be set up correctly.
2. In these sections of the track, the surface has very low grip.
3. I have to remind myself to slow down in those sections every time, because the push will be magnified if you try to force your way through with the gas peddle. It's really hard to slow down, be patient and let the front wheels grip when the clock is ticking.

Great feedback, thank you. I tried slowing down but then I was going too slow. No understeer but didn't help my time. What I was missing is when to slow down and where to adjust my line. It would have probably been smarter to get a bit wider before both turns to give me more leeway.
06 Cayman S - #936
max

Postby jeff wong » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:53 pm

I'm very jealous of how much power you guys are able to utilize. The video's appear as if I've entered warp speed on the faster sections.

Here is video from our CRX, guess I was dirty on all the runs.

Jeff 71.8 + 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy0v493yDIQ
Nicole 73.2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7GtIAnpATc
jeff wong

Postby toastum » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:23 pm

Well Jeff, I'm jealous that your car is so narrow, that you can straight line offset gates like a miata ;)
toastum

Return to AutoCross & DETT